About student loan debt and bankruptcy
Since Congress passed the Bankruptcy Abuse Prevention and Consumer Protection Act of 2005, both federal and private student loans are more difficult to discharge in bankruptcy than other types of debt. It can still be discharged, the law requires the borrower to prove the loan causes undue hardship, which is difficult to do.
H.R. 770, the Discharge Student Loans in Bankruptcy was introduced in Congress on January 24, 2019. The bill would make student loans easy to discharge when somebody declares bankruptcy, easing the burden of people with student loans who are struggling to make a living.
What will your lobbyists do?
Nobody has commented on this campaign yet
For the same price as your morning latte, you can have the same access to lobbyists as large corporations. interest groups and wealthy donors.
The average small-dollar donation to a political campaign in 2020.
The average cost of hiring one of our lobbyists for a half-hour of lobbying. This is a fraction of what it costs to hire a typical DC lobbyist who usually charges around $500 to $1500/hour.
The average donation to all crowdfunding platforms in 2020.
The average cost of hiring one of our lobbyists for an hour of lobbying. This is a fraction of what it costs to hire a typical DC lobbyist who usually charges around $500 to $1500/hour.
Whether it is a small state issue or a large federal policy, hiring our lobbyists is the best way to get your voice heard in government. Every $100 raised will result in an hour of lobbying from a member of our lobbying team. Our lobbyists:
1) Research current laws and proposed legislation
2) Come up with a strategy to best advance the issue, either through policy changes or new laws
3) Use our contacts to identify the different supporters and opponents of the issue and find out where key members stand on the topic.
4) Meet one-on-one with legislators and ask for their help to introduce new legislation or get a current bill through the legislative process
5) Help rally votes from lawmakers for the bills passage by the House and the Senate
6) Identify other groups working on the issue and coordinate advocacy efforts to ensure success
This campaign has not raised enough money to lobby yet.